Basic installation of Raspberry Pi. Main documents for the installation and starting using Raspberry Pi are available in http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads.
An interesting blog about the first steeps appears in http://www.jeremymorgan.com/tutorials/raspberry-pi/how-to-raspberry-pi-web-server/
- Select Operating System. Selection depends on what we want to do with our RBP. In resume, we can do 3 general things
- Graphical use, multimedia applications.
- Home Server
- Real Time applications, control system for input/output devices, sensors/actuators, robotics …
At present (March 2013) there are 2 main operating systems available
- Raspbian Wheezy, for most installations. This is based on Debian Wheezy.
- Arch Linux ARM,
- Install Operating System.
- Basic configuration
- Expand root partition. This can be done using the tool “raspi-config”
- Split CPU vs GPU.
To think about What we can do with a RBP, see this blog http://pingbin.com/2012/12/30-cool-ideas-raspberry-pi-project/.